Roadmap out of Lockdown
As we move into March with a sense of optimism and hopefully better weather (!) the government's Covid-19 "Roadmap" Summary for Pubs, Clubs and Events is as follows. Like you, we are very much looking forward to a return to normal.
ALL STEPS WILL BE AT LEAST 5 WEEKS APART, UNDER REVIEW/INSTRUCTION FROM THE GOVERNMENT
TARGET: April 12th 2021
• Outdoor hospitality – pubs can open for outdoor service only. No curfew. No need for “substantial meal”. Table service only – customers to remain seated whilst eating and drinking.
• Outdoor gatherings will be restricted to 6 people or 2 households and no indoor mixing allowed.
TARGET: May 17th 2021
• Indoor hospitality – pubs can open for indoor service but will be restricted to 6 people or 2 households. No curfew. No need for “substantial meal”. Table service only – customers to remain seated whilst eating and drinking.
• Indoor large events (including conferences, theatre, concert performances and sports events) will be reopened with up to 1,000 people or 50% of the venue’s capacity – whichever is lower.
• Outdoor large events (as above) will be permitted with a capacity of either 50% or 4,000 people – whichever is lower.
• For large outdoor, seated venues where crowds can be safely distributed, up to 10,000 people or 25% of total seating capacity will be allowed – whichever is lower.*
• Meetings of more that 30 people outdoors will remain illegal.
• Indoor, people can meet socially in a group of up to 6 or 1 other household.**
*The Government is pilot testing a scientific Events Research Programme commencing April to explore when and how events with larger crowd sizes will be able to return safely indoors with less social distancing – including music festivals and events
**This may be amended to widen the scope, depending on the data
TARGET: June 21st 2021
• Everything should be re-opened, including nightclubs